When linking your social media accounts to Dollar Eighty, you may encounter some challenges due to the complexities of the Meta ecosystem. To help you resolve any potential issues, we have compiled a step-by-step guide that outlines the most common problems and their corresponding solutions.
To successfully link your Instagram account to Dollar Eighty, please ensure that the following checklist items are met:
- Your Instagram account must be a business or creator page.
- Your Instagram account must be linked to a Facebook page, not a personal profile.
- You must have granted all necessary permissions within Meta Business Suite.
- You must have provided correct access to your accounts in Meta Business Suite.
How Do I Upgrade to a Business Account?
It’s easy — make the switch in 15 secs:
- Open up the Instagram app
- Go to Menu from your profile page (top right corner)
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Select ‘Account’
- Select ‘Switch to Professional Account’ at the bottom of the page
- Follow the prompts to set up your account
How do I Connect my Instagram Account to a Facebook Page?
Now that you’ve upgraded your Instagram account, go through the steps to complete connecting your account:
- Once you’re in the Instagram app, open Menu and go to Settings
- Go to the Creator or Business section
- Select Connect a Facebook Page
- Choose Connect existing Page
- Select the Page from a list and tap Done
Having issues? Read more here.
What If I Don’t Have a Facebook Page to Link to?
It’s easy to create one! This will allow brands to cross-promote your content on Facebook—increasing the reach of your post.
How Can I Do This Directly On Instagram?
Easy! When you’re up to the Connect a Facebook Page prompt in your settings (see ‘Can I Connect a Facebook Page Directly Through Instagram?’ above), select Create Facebook Page. Instagram then does its mojo and automatically creates one with the same name as your Instagram handle. Once the Page in Facebook loads, you’re done!
What If I Have Issues Connecting Through Instagram?
That’s okay! You can connect your Facebook Page to your Instagram account through Facebook too!
Here’s how on a desktop:
- Head to your Facebook Page
- Click Settings at the top of your page
- Select Instagram on the left-side column
- Scroll down and select Connect Account
- Enter your Instagram username and password and Log In